|What is the Meaningful Work Programme?
The MWP is an employment programme for our pupils in Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2. Each term, pupils will have the opportunity to 'apply' for jobs that are advertised after reading the job descriptions. They will then have to fill out an application form and wait to be invited to an interview panelled by members of staff. If successful, they will begin their duties and retain their responsibility for approximately a term.
|Why was the Meaningful Work Programme introduced?
There are many benefits to this programme, including:
- Providing pupils with leadership opportunities across the school
- Giving pupils real-life experiences
- Helping pupils become responsible, young citizens
- Helping prepare pupils for the real world
- Supporting pupils in developing their confidence
- Promoting British values
- Promoting SMSC
|What sorts of jobs can pupils apply for via the programme?
Some of the jobs pupils can apply for through the MWP include:
- Science technician
- IT technician
- Assembly assistant
- Young ambassador for sport
- Eco team
- Admin assistant
- Friendly face assistants
- Pet ambassador
- Reading reporter